DIY wedding hair is a popular choice for brides who do not wish to spend a lot of money on a professional hair stylist. Your wedding is a very important day, one you will want to remember for the rest of your life, so a good hair style is a must. Paying big bucks for a wedding hair style isn't necessary, however. Beautiful and affordable hair styles can easily be created in the comfort of your own home.
Wedding Hair Styles
When you are looking for a wedding hair style, there are many options to choose from. A lot of popular salon styles can be recreated at home with the use of online videos or instruction manuals. Things to keep in mind when choosing a wedding hair style are:
- Do you want a veil? Will it be covering your face during the ceremony?
- If you do use a veil, how will it be attached? Combs and pins are good options.
- Is your hair going to be in a wedding updo, or do you prefer to have it hanging freely?
- Don't try anything new right before your big day. Any drastic coloring, cuts, or other changes should be done several weeks in advance.
- If you are going to wear your hair up, don't pin it up too tightly or too early before the ceremony. No one likes a hairpin headache!
It is also a good idea to have a trusted friend or family member around to help you with your do it yourself hair style. If you get stuck, having an extra pair of hands to help can be a life saver. When planning to do your own hair for your wedding, style options include:
- Pulling your hair into a bun and adding flowers or hair jewelry to make the look more elegant.
- Leaving strands of hair hanging free to frame your face if you are going to use an updo style.
- Curling your hair with large rollers to get a wavy look.
- Flat ironing your hair for sleek and straight hair.
- Using French braids to make a unique looking up do.
Simple DIY Wedding Hair
If you are going to do your own hair for your wedding day, or plan on having a friend or family member help you, you will want instructions on different styles. Many websites offer step by step guides on how to do your hair for proms, weddings, and other formal events. Simple DIY wedding hair styles include:
- Half Braided Updo: If you are looking for an elegant updo, start by braiding two pieces of your hair, making pigtails, then pull them into a bun on your head. Threading flowers or ribbons through the braids adds a nice touch.
- Buns: Pull your hair into a bun, and then let a few strands fall loosely around your face. Pin your veil, if you have one, into the back part of the bun.
- Loose Curls: Loosely curl your hair the night before your wedding with rollers, then in the morning, let your hair fall freely and tie it back with a veil or flowered headband.
DIY wedding hair isn't hard to have and it is much more affordable than going to a salon. Doing your hair at home, or at a friend's home, can be a good way to save money on your wedding, money that could be spent on things like decorations, food, or even a nicer honeymoon destination to celebrate your special day.